HAIR EXTENSIONS FOR ANY BUDGET
SIX EASY STEPS TO GETTING HAIR EXTENSIONS - ON ANY BUDGET!
Everyone knows that there are people out there who are able to walk into a salon, have the best possible hair extensions done, and pay without blinking an eyelid, especially when it comes to Hollywood stars. There is absolutely no need to envy these people - there are hair extensions for any budget, with the same results, that you can do in the comfort of your own home. All you need do is find out your different options, and then shop around to find the price that best suits your budget.
- Step 1. Go to your local beauty supply store and have a look at what extensions they have to offer. They usually have hair extensions for any budget. It is important to feel the texture of the hair as well as the strength and quality as to how the extension is sewn together.
- Step 2. You will notice that there are probably three options available to you - synthetic, human hair extensions, or blends of synthetic and human hair that are rated by percentage of human hair. Of course the prices of these options vary greatly, so you need to think carefully before making a decision. Are you getting hair extensions purely for the fun of it, or are the extensions for one special occasion? Do you want them to last all summer, or was your last haircut so bad that the extensions are to disguise the problem until your own hair grows out?
- Step 3. Although these extensions are for any budget, you must base your choice on your reasons for wanting hair extensions. The bottom line is, synthetic extensions are less expensive than human hair, and don’t last as long, as they are inclined to tangle and wear down faster. This obviously means that, if you need your extensions to last for longer, then it is best to go for a high percentage blend or, if your budget allows, one hundred percent human hair.
- Step 4. As hair extensions can be glued on cheaply, heat melded onto your own hair, or clip on, you need to consider the health of your hair and scalp. There is a risk of the glue and wax melt methods damaging your hair, and more so if your hair and scalp aren’t healthy. In fact, there is even some risk to your own hair being damaged when using the clip on hair extensions.
- Step 5. You might be an independent person, but it is highly recommended that you get a friend or family member to help you to apply the hair extensions. Another set of hands and eyes comes in very handy, especially when trying to get to those hard-to-reach areas at the back of the head.
- Step 6. Now that you have your beautiful head of long locks, you need to care for them properly so that they last as long as possible. There are special products available, even for hair extensions on any budget. They are simple shampoos and hair conditioners, but will make a difference. Fit these products into your budget, use them as directed, and you will be able to enjoy your extensions for a long time.